Our Story

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized in 1880 by homesteaders in rural Lancaster County in the Walton and Bennet area.  These settlers knew the vital importance of having God’s Word preached amongst them.  The first services were held in homes and schoolhouses, and the congregation was served by circuit-riding pastors. The first church building was constructed in  1883, and Trinity’s first permanent pastor was called in 1884.  The congregation continued to grow, and in 1917, a larger church was constructed.  This landmark structure, with additions and improvements, is still used for worship services today by the present congregation of 430 men, women, and children who delight in service projects, fellowship, and learning God’s Word.  Trinity still provides  "a Sabbath rest for the people of God."  (Hebrews 4: 9)


Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church is a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS)